Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Oven temperature: grill
• 30 ml quality olive oil
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, chopped
• 3 anchovies in oil, drained and chopped
• 100 g black olives, pitted and halved
• 60 ml fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 1–2 red chillies, seeded and chopped
• 15 ml small capers
• 60 ml tomato purée
• 2 tins (400 g) chopped tomatoes
• 30 ml lemon juice, or to taste
• 3 x 170 g tins tuna, drained
• about 125 ml cream
• 400 g penne
• grated Parmesan, to serve
1 Heat a large ovenproof pan and pour the oil into the hot pan. Sauté the onion, garlic and anchovies until the onion is glossy and soft. Stir in the olives, parsley and chilli. Stir-fry for a few minutes then stir in the capers; fry for another minute.
2 Add the tomato purée, tinned tomatoes and lemon juice. Rinse the tomato tin with about 125ml water and add this to the sauce. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, put salt water in a saucepan on the stove to cook the pasta.
3 Add the tuna and the cream to the sauce and heat over low heat without boiling. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4 Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet until almost al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain and mix with the sauce in the pan. Preheat the oven grill.
5 Sprinkle the cheese over the pasta and place the pan under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese melts (no more than 5 minutes, otherwise the pasta overcooks). Serve immediately.