Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Oven temperature: 200°C
- 1 medium butternut, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 10 ml mild curry paste
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed
- 250 ml cream
- 125 ml stock
- 60 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- tomato salad, to serve
- garlic loaf, naan bread or flatbread
1. Preheat the oven. Mix the butternut, curry paste, chickpeas and cream and spread on the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Add the stock and season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
2. Remove the lid and bake for a further 15 minutes until the butternut is cooked and rich in colour. Sprinkle the fresh herbs on top and serve with salad and bread.
Tip: Substitute the cream with coconut milk if you have vegans in the house.