- 1 - red chilli, chopped
- 5ml - chopped fresh garlic
- 4 - spring onions, chopped
- 60ml - fresh coriander, chopped
- 250ml - cooked rice, cold
- 500g - fresh pork or chicken mince
- 60ml - oyster sauce
- 2cm - fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 30ml - sesame seeds
- 5ml - sriracha sauce
- 5ml - rice vinegar
- 12 - Chinese cabbage leaves
- 15ml - sesame oil
- 2 - carrots, coarsely grated
- 15ml - soy sauce
1 Trim off the thickest part of the cabbage leaf veins and chop finely. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the chopped veins, chilli, ginger, garlic and carrot together until fragrant. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
2 Mix the cooled stir-fry, rice, spring onions, coriander and soy sauce; add the mince. Divide into 8 meatballs. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3 Immerse the reserved cabbage leaves in boiling water for 1 minute, then in ice water and drain. Roll each meatball in a cabbage leaf or two and arrange in a greased ovenproof dish.
4 Beat the oyster sauce, sriracha and vinegar together and brush on the parcels. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for about 20 minutes. Turn on the oven grill and grill for 5 minutes – this makes the leaves crisp on top.