- 30ml - red wine vinegar
- 200g - butternut cubes (2 x 2cm)
- 125ml - olive oil
- - a handful rocket and herb leaves
- 5ml - each wholegrain mustard and honey
- 3 - slices (about 200g) smoked pork neck or bacon, diced
- ½ - red onion, finely chopped
- 2 - tins lentils, rinsed and drained
- 5ml - sumac (optional)
- 1 - small cauliflower cut into 1cm-thick slices
1 Preheat the oven to 200°C. Mix the pumpkin and cauliflower with half the oil and sumac, and spread in a single layer on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper and bake for about 20 minutes. Heat the oven grill and grill the vegetables for a further 5–10 minutes or until done with charred tips. Stir as needed to make sure the vegetables grill to a nice crunch.
2 Heat the remaining oil in a pan and fry the pork until golden-brown. Beat the mustard, honey and vinegar together and add to the cooked pork in the pan. Stir the onion and lentils into the hot pan.
3 Spoon the lentils onto a serving platter, add the cooked vegetables and sprinkle with the herbs. Delicious hot or at room temperature