Makes 4 generous servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 30ml olive oil
• 4 chicken breast fillets
• 4 thick slices mozzarella
• 4 sprigs thyme
• 8 large ripe plum tomatoes, cut into wedges
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 45ml olive oil, plus extra to finish
• 15ml balsamic vinegar
• 125ml breadcrumbs
• 125ml Parmesan cheese
• about 300g spaghetti, cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut a slit along the back of each chicken breast (not the smooth top side) and fold it slightly open. Season with salt and pepper and place a slice of mozzarella and a sprig of thyme in each slit. Arrange the breasts on a baking tray lined with baking paper and greased with olive oil.
2. Arrange the tomatoes and onions around the chicken and drizzle with oil and vinegar.
3. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together and coat each chicken breast with this mixture. Bake for about 25–30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and crispy.
4. Stir the tomatoes, onion and pan juices from the baking tray through the cooked spaghetti, season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of extra olive oil, if necessary. Serve with the chicken.