- 12 - slices of bread
- - about 4 sunripe tomatoes, sliced
- 125g - mozzarella, grated
- - ROCKET PESTO:
- 100g - fresh rocket
- 15ml - capers, rinsed
- 15ml - lemon juice
- 1 - large clove of garlic, bruised
- 125ml - grated parmesan cheese
- 3 - anchovy fillets
- 125ml - oil
- - freshly ground back pepper
Place the rocket, capers, lemon juice, garlic, parmesan cheese and anchovies in a food processor and chop roughly until mixed through.
Add the oil and black pepper and mix further.
Pack the bread on a baking tray. Toast the one side, turn over and spread the pesto on the other side. Top with tomato slices and cheese and toast in a preheated oven until the cheese melts.