12 MayGarden tasks: Sow your broad beans before winter comes
One of the easiest winter crops to grow, broad beans are among the last veggies to sow before winter truly arrives.
Gardening notebook: Prepare your winter garden
Lift your spirits during the cold winter months with colourful annuals.
Succulent of the month: Echeveria cultivars
New in nurseries!
Indoor plant of the month: Philodendron ‘Black Cardinal’
Gardening expert JJ gives advice about a poplar tree problem
Plant bulbs for a beautiful show in the spring
The cooler months are the ideal time to plant spring-flowering bulbs or start a hedge.
Garden tasks for April: Prep for winter crops
Indoor plant of the month: Cyclamen
New in nurseries!
Gardening expert JJ gives advice on brown spots on daisy lawn
Not so green grass
Garden goodies: Tools and accesories to use outside
Gardening expert JJ gives advice about earthworms
Grow your own salad
This holiday season, bring your garden to life at night with white blooms and subtle lighting
Ward off pests and diseases in your veggie garden
Bring your veranda to life with colourful and fragrant plants
Grow your own tomatoes
Most gardeners would agree that homegrown tomatoes are tastier than store-bought ones.
Welcome South Africa’s handy helpers to your garden
Welcome South Africa’s handy helpers to your garden and reap the rich rewards!
- Public Protector's office withdraws subpoenas against Kollapen, Mlambo over Abramjee text
- INSIDE LABOUR | The wheels are coming off SA's labour movement
- SA's week of reckoning: NPA flexes its muscles in blitz of high-profile arrests
- Bruce Cameron | Healthy, happy and still earning: How to achieve your dreams in retirement
- SATURDAY PROFILE | Meet African named one of Time Magazine's 100 most influential people
May | June 2022
Read your favourite magazine here.Read now