• Suzuki revealed its new GSX-S1000 GT.
• The bike features all-round improvements said to enhance the riding experience.
• Local pricing and launch details to be revealed early 2022.
• For more motoring stories, visit Wheels24
Suzuki launched its new GSX-S1000 GT motorbike globally in mid-September 2021, with local pricing and launch details to be released in the early stages of 2022. According to Suzuki South Africa, the previous GSX-S1000 A and F models were well-received by local riders, with customers praising the "power, smoothness, and reliability."
The new bike is powered by a high-performance 999cm3 four-stroke liquid-cooled inline-four engine that meets Euro 5 emissions standards. Suzuki says that the new bike underwent a thorough review and updates to achieve improved balance and better all-round performance.
Says Suzuki: "The new version delivers superbike-level performance while minimizing vibration to make riding more exciting, more comfortable and less tiring, whether travelling long distances on the highway or enjoying a ride around town. Its broad, smooth torque curve featuring greater cumulative torque production consistently delivers abundant power throughout the engine's operating range. It makes this grand tourer equally adept at street riding as it is at high-speed long-distance touring, even under load when carrying gear and a passenger on the back."
- The GSX-S1000 GT now hosts a benefit of features with the following electronics and upgrades.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector. (3 throttle response modes)
- Bi-Directional Quick Shift System
- Cruise Control System
- Suzuki Easy Start System
- Ride By Wire Electronic Throttle System
- Low RPM Assist
- Five Mode Suzuki Traction Control System
- Full LCD Instrument Panel
- LED Headlights and Position lights
- Led Taillight and Turn Signals