05 OctA great wine list is key to a restaurant’s success - here's what goes into crafting one
There are so many wines available around the world, and a lot of time and effort goes into meticulously creating a distinctive wine list that caters to the needs of all customers.
Duncan Savage is SA's winemaker of the year, says Tim Atkin
Surfer-turned-winemaker Duncan Savage has been named winemaker of the year by British wine master Tim Atkin.
Darling! This dorpie has a new queen and her name is Seasalter
A few years ago, I walked into my favourite wine shop in Hermanus with my friend Jack and asked the legendary owner for his newest, good...
Paul Sauer release tops a big year for classy Kanonkop
"The saturated ruby colour is complemented by a dense and interwoven complexity of tilled earth, nutmeg, bouquet garni, with classic...
What exactly is white Port?
With white Port becoming more readily available in SA, we take a closer look at why it’s becoming a popular tipple of choice.
WATCH: Top sommelier reveals SA's 10 best Sauvignon Blancs
This top sommelier shares 2 summer wines for every occasion
Franschhoek's new wine farm restaurant serving comforting ‘plaaskos’ in a relaxed buffet-style
Meet SA's first winemaker of Indian origin
How wine experts consider sustainability from grape to glass
5 reasons why foodies love this hotel in the Winelands town of Paarl
How to judge wine by its bottle
They say you should never judge a book by its cover, but in this case a bottle of wine holds many stories and clues.
What is the Nero d’Avola grape?
Bosman Wines' newest offering, Nero, is the first South African wine to be made from the Sicilian Nero d'Avola grape.
What to do with an unfinished bottle of wine – according to an expert
Wade Bales tells us exactly what to do with that unfinished bottle… if you ever have one!
- What drowning really looks like, plus one lifesaving tip to remember in emergencies
- Eating white rice as bad as a diet high in ‘unhealthy sugars’ – why you should switch to brown
- French author wins 2022 Nobel Literature Prize
- Nobel winner Ernaux is the godmother of French grit lit
- Women are finding new ways to influence male-led faiths
- SILENCED | Inside the 'confidential' Tembisa Hospital audit which was buried after Deokaran hit
- ANC's next president: Anti-Ramaphosa faction in frantic talks to present a united front
- Helen Zille | Coalitions in SA are not working. What needs to change?
- Mobile data may not expire for 6 months under proposed new rule - but MTN has hit back
- Great expectations: Bok women head into Rugby World Cup with all eyes on them
Editorial feedback and complaints
Contact the public editor with feedback for our journalists, complaints, queries or suggestions about articles on News24.LEARN MORE
What BBC Brit primetime persona are you?
Feed Mzansi: Watch Chef Rozanne cook from the heart and spread joy in Gqeberha
Key highlights of Coca-Cola's World Without Waste Strategy in South Africa
From Australia with Love: Relive Qantas’ first flight from Sydney to Joburg to...