Celebrities trend on social media for the pettiest things. But that hasn’t been the case with Lady Zamar and Sjava.
Since it was made public that Lady Zamar had opened a rape case against her ex-boyfriend, Sjava, in November last year, there have been some serious conversations about rape and consent. Because both artists have remained mum on the topic, speculation has run wild amongst fans.
Read more: Sjava releases statement denying all allegations following his removal from the Cape Town Jazz Festival line-up
On Tuesday morning, Lady Zamar trended on social media following speculation that she had dropped the case against Sjava.
DRUM has been in contact with the Collide hitmaker’s manager, Kim Sineke, about whether any of the speculation is true and she said, “I am/we are not in a legal position to speak on this as advised by our legal team.”
The matter has not come before the court. Although the case was opened in Gauteng, it has been moved to Limpopo where the alleged incident happened.
When asked if the charges have been dropped, NPA spokesperson Mashudu Malabi-Dzhangi said, “This case is not yet in court. I will comment when it has been enrolled.”
Efforts to get hold of Sjava were unsuccessful, however, the artist has posted documents detailing his version of events and letters he says he sent to his ex-girlfriend.