There's no better treat for your family than the rich, meaty taste of juicy, tender pork.
It's nutritional and satisfying and so affordable, you can enjoy it as often as you like.
Try this delicious recipe:
Serves 4 – 7
700g - 1 kg pork stewing pieces
30 ml cooking oil
1 large onion, chopped, & 3 garlic cloves, crushed
250 ml apple juice or Appletizer or any other fruit juice
200 - 250 ml meat/vegetable stock
3 - 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
4 - 5 carrots, peeled and sliced
250 ml green beans or any other green vegetable, chopped into
1 packet brown onion soup powder
2. Heat oil in a black 3-legged pot or use a heavy based pot if cooking
inside the house. 2. Fry the pork pieces until light brown, add
the onions and garlic halfway and fry until onions become soft.
3. Add the fruit juice & enough meat stock to cover the pork. Replace
lid and simmer pot over low heat for 40 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes, carrots and beans and simmer a further 30 minutes.
Add a little stock to replenish the liquid from time to time.
5. When pork is tender, mix onion soup powder with 40 ml cold
water into a paste. Add to the potjie and stir through until the gravy
6. Serve with crispy rolls, pap or bread.