Children’s cooking set créche on fire

A fire at the Boikhutsong community créche near Kimberley is

suspected to have been started when two children tried to cook a rodent.

Netcare 911 spokesperson Chris Botha said firemen extinguished the

blaze earlier today while paramedics were on standby.

“Fortunately all the children were successfully evacuated from the

building without injury to anybody,” he said.

 
We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.
Subscribe to News24
Lockdown For
DAYS
HRS
MINS
Voting Booth
As a child or as an adult, have you ever been a victim of bullying?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Results
Yes, at school
55% - 3418 votes
Yes, at work
17% - 1070 votes
No, I've never experienced this
27% - 1678 votes
Vote
USD/ZAR
14.29
(-0.1)
GBP/ZAR
19.89
(-0.3)
EUR/ZAR
17.15
(-0.4)
AUD/ZAR
11.03
(-0.2)
JPY/ZAR
0.13
(-0.2)
Gold
1,783.98
(+0.3)
Silver
26.04
(+0.8)
Platinum
1,192.76
(+0.3)
Brent Crude
66.57
(-0.7)
Palladium
2,797.00
(+1.2)
All Share
66,727
(-0.2)
Top 40
61,007
(-0.2)
Financial 15
12,097
(-0.5)
Industrial 25
86,075
(-0.4)
Resource 10
68,789
(+0.3)
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes Iress logo