KwaZulu-Natal police could not give an update on whether a warrant of arrest had been delivered for President Jacob Zuma’s eldest son Edward relating to a maintenance case.
“We can only deal with it tomorrow,” Major Thulani Zwane said.
The Sunday Independent reported that a warrant of arrest was out for Edward Zuma (39) who had allegedly failed to maintain a child.
Edward Zuma was alleged to have failed to respond to several subpoenas to appear in court for child maintenance, according to the report.
The warrant of arrest was reportedly issued on June 23 by the Pietermaritzburg Maintenance Court and had been served by police in Durban North, where Edward Zuma had his home.
Zwane told the paper that police would investigate to establish whether the warrant of arrest was delivered to the station.
“I’ve spoken to the station commander, who has no knowledge of it for now,” he was quoted as saying.
“If it did come to us, we will investigate how it was misplaced. But first we will try and establish if it indeed reached us.”
Edward Zuma reportedly told the Sunday Independent he had no knowledge of the subpoenas and warrant of arrest.