The country seems ready for change, including in provincial and national government. What is not clear is whether opposition political parties can grasp the nettle, put aside their differences, and create an alternative vehicle or an umbrella around which to rally the electorate, writes Mbhazima Shilowa.
- Cops 'refused' to chase down armed men who snatched 6-year-old Shanawaaz Asghar, family claims
- BREAKING NEWS LIVE | Ramaphosa won't act impulsively against Godongwana, says due legal process must run its course
- Cape Town boy, 6, returned safely to family after abduction ordeal
- Bookkeeper's 135-year sentence for defrauding Covid-19 relief fund
- Mystery surrounds disappearance of 3 guards from work, who were later found disorientated, tied up
- Godongwana's fate in limbo as docket in sexual assault case heads to NPA
- SA faces beef squeeze in December due to transport ban, experts warn
- Busisiwe Mavuso | Save the SOEs that matter, and close the ones that don't
- Nick Mallett | Why it's time for the Springboks to bench the 6/2 split
- EXPLAINER | Phala Phala scandal: Is Parliament failing in its oversight role?
Zama zama crackdown: What are your thoughts on West Village residents taking the law into their own hands?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
Authorities should bring in the army already
11% - 2602 votes
Illegal miners can't be scapegoated for all crime
51% - 12688 votes
What else did we expect without no proper policing
35% - 8522 votes
Vigilante groups are also part of the problem
3% - 841 votes
Rand - Dollar
Rand - Pound
Rand - Euro
Rand - Aus dollar
Rand - Yen
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
A litter of puppies born in Namibia in 2020 have been trained to sniff out Covid-19
Cheetahs released into Babanango for the first time in 200 years
100 mountain bikes donated to North West school so they can get to class easily
WATCH | Graeme College rugby player to take up athletics after amputation - with...
Editorial feedback and complaints
Contact the public editor with feedback for our journalists, complaints, queries or suggestions about articles on News24.LEARN MORE