When your blood is green, then developing and sharing a passion for Eunice never stops.
This is made evident by the 27 Eunice Old Girls members who are currently employed by the Eunice School for Girls, which includes the pre-primary, primary, and high school.
Some of these staff members are:
- Lyneth Venter who attended Eunice from Gr. 1 to 12 and matriculated in 1989. She started her career at Eunice in 2015 and is now the Old Girls coordinator, receptionist at the high school, and secretary of the student governing body (SGB). Her fondest school memories are of the fun train trips they took when going on hockey tours.
- Elizabeth du Plessis attended the school from Gr. 00, and completed her matric in 2020. She started her career as an assistant at the Eunice pre-primary in April. Her fondest memory is of a choir tour through Europe in 2018.
- Jackie Botma attended Eunice from Gr. 10 (1987) to matric (1989). She started her career at Eunice in 2001, teaches history, and is also the deputy headmistress of the high school. Jackie said she had excellent teachers and loved learning from them. “Inter-high galas were exciting!”
- Margie Olivier attended Eunice from Gr. 8 to matric in 1980. She started her career at the school in 2003 and is now the manager at the pre-primary school. “I loved sport and gala days, especially being a cheerleader at both the Eunice and inter-high galas,” she remembers of her school days.
- Tiffiney du Preez attended Eunice from 1996 and completed her matric in 1999. She started her career in 2004 and is now a Gr. 3 teacher at the primary school. She is part of the school management team, head of the Foundation of Mathematics, as well as the head of the primary school’s grounds and resources. When thinking back on her school days, Tiffiney has fond memories: “My first day at Eunice felt as if I had fit right in, and it felt like ‘home’. Later in life, when I was employed here, it felt the same, so I am still ‘home’.”