The 2016 Local Government Elections which took place last Wednesday were described as the lowest voter turnout ever recorded in the country. Over a million and a half more voters went to the polls for the local elections when compared to the previous turnout in 2011. A total of 15 296 746 South Africans put their crosses next to their party of choice, an increase of 1 631 832 compared to 2011, according to statistics issued by the Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) on its website. City Vision Reporters Mbongiseni Maseko and Mandla Mahashe took to the streets to ask residents more about their experience regarding the promises made by politicians from various political partiesduring campaign.
- RUNDOWN | SA nears 50 000 Covid-19 deaths, moves to Alert Level 1 amid drop in infections
- 'Admission of defeat' - Maimane slams Steenhuisen's talk of DA 'coalition' with ANC
- FULL SPEECH | Ramaphosa scales back SA's lockdown rules. Here are 11 key points
- PICS | Bones from 27 lions found on Krugersdorp property, man arrested
- Two Cape Town cops shot dead, guns stolen
- The ANC may need to destroy itself to rid SA of state capture, analyst says
- EXPLAINED | Unfit to stand trial insight amid furore over anti-lockdown protester
- More booze, bigger gatherings allowed as South Africa moves to alert Level 1
- Cigarette ban appeal: Ramaphosa has no intention to discipline Dlamini-Zuma
- Lockdown: De Hoop Nature reserve 'in survival mode' as turnover plunges
Find your Matric Results here!
Enter the examination number (IEB or NSC) or search by province or school (NSC Students) to view results
When a Covid-19 vaccine for under 16's becomes available, will you be taking your children to get it?Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
37% - 2562 votes
I'll wait to see how others respond
26% - 1806 votes
No, I don't think they need it
37% - 2543 votes
All JSE data delayed by at least 15 minutes
FEEL GOOD | Crowdfunding campaign for law graduate gardener rakes in R42 000
FEEL GOOD | Meet the woman who teaches children to read and write isiZulu and...
FEEL GOOD | How a Durban doctor and Chatsworth residents came together to start a...
News24 wants your Feel Good stories!
11 Nov 2019