Three students of the Central University of Technology (CUT), Free State, recently received the Enactus CUT Special Award.
They were honoured at a function at the institution’s Hotel School on 23 September.
Boitumelo Tlou, Sizolwakhe Mtetwa and Yanelisa Giyose acted as agents of change in the CUT’s Enactus programme and championed entrepreneurial projects aimed improving the lives of people living in Free State communities.
Enactus is a global experiential learning platform dedicated to developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and social innovators.
Various other awards were also handed out at the function, namely:
- the Service Leadership award, given to members who have dedicated 100 hours to Enactus work;
- the Beyond the Call of Duty award, given to those who assisted the team in completing all the required reports and other needed elements;
- the Engagement Champions award, given to those who have shown commitment in executing the tasks presented to them by the team;
- the Outstanding Service Record award, given to those who have served the team for the longest time; and
- the Most Determined Team Player award, given to those who have exercised leadership by going the extra mile to ensure the team’s success.