WITH the heatwave currently being experienced across several parts of the country, as many Umvoti residents have experienced over the past weeks, ER24 urges people to be cautious.
Anyone experiencing severe headaches, weakness or disorientation, muscle cramps, nausea or vomiting or severe thirst through heat exposure should seek medical attention if any of these symptoms persist.
Tips to help cope with heat:
• Water is number one on the list. Remember to stay hydrated.
• Try to stay out of direct sunlight. If you are outside, seek shade or shelter. Also remember to use sunscreen for extra protection.
• Wear loose clothing and a wide brimmed hat if outside, and sunglasses.
• If you are in an office or at home, ensure that the area around you is well ventilated.
• Do not let children play outside in direct sunlight. Ensure they are hydrated.
• Keep an eye on babies and the elderly.