THE Kouga Express Miss Matric Dance competition is back and we are looking to crown the new Miss Matric Dance for 2016.
Local matric girls who attended their matric dance can now start entering our competition and stand a chance to win fabulous prizes. There are some great prizes up for grabs this year.
We are again looking for the matric girl who has the complete look to become our second Miss Matric Dance. Entrants will be judged on their overall look – including the dress, hair, make-up and accessories – so be sure to send a photo where the judges can clearly get the complete picture.
A panel of judges will choose nine (9) finalists at the end of the competition. The judges will also choose 10 wildcard entries and the public will have to vote for their favourite wildcard, who will make up the 10th finalist for this year’s Miss Matric Dance.
At the top of the page, click on the Miss Matric Dance tab, which will take you to the entry form where you can upload your photo and details. No photos that are posted on our timeline or photos that are emailed to us will be accepted.
Prizes to the total value of R8 645 are up for grabs this year.
The winner will enjoy a two-night stay for four at the farmyard cottage at Pabala Game Farm valued at R1 600.
The rustic two bedroom cottage has an open plan kitchen/lounge area opening onto a veranda overlooking Pabala Game Farm and Cockscomb Mountain Range.
She will furthermore enjoy a two-hour sunset drive for four at the Pabala Game Farm to the value of R1 400. Snacks and beverages are included.
The Kouga Express Miss Matric Dance 2016 winner will receive a Daniel Klein watch to the value of R1 395 sponsored by Gabriël Jewellers, as well as a R1 500 Pick ’n Pay voucher and a R1 000 Fountains Mall voucher.
The first runner-up will receive a R500 Pick ’n Pay voucher, and a R500 Fountains Mall voucher.
The second runner-up, will receive a R500 Pick ’n Pay voucher, and a R250 Fountains Mall voucher.
- Only matric girls who live in Kouga and Koukamma may enter.
- The matric dance you attended had to be held at a school in Kouga or Koukamma.
- No selfies or group photos (more than one girl) are allowed.
- Only online entries will be accepted (email photos do not qualify).
- You may upload a photo of you and your partner, but the focus should be on the matric girl, so we strongly advise against this.
- You may only enter once for the duration of the competition and only one photo per entrant will be allowed – choose your photo submission carefully. Once a photo has been submitted, it cannot be swopped with another photo.
- Photos must be full length – we need to see the complete look of the entrant, including the dress, hair and, if possible, the shoes and accessories.
Entries are open and the competition ends on October 31 at 20:00.
All the photos received can be viewed under the Miss Matric Dance competition on our Facebook page.
Note: If you are struggling to find the competition on your phone or tablet, open your internet browser (eg. Internet Explorer or Google Chrome), go to Facebook and request the desktop version (not the mobile version). You should now see the full page and can enter the competition. The competition page does not show on the Facebook app on your phone or tablet.