THE annual Kouga Express Miss Matric Dance competition is back and we are again looking to crown the Miss Matric Dance for 2019.
Local matric girls who attended their matric dance this year can now start entering our competition.
Entrants will be judged on their overall look – including the dress, hair, make-up and accessories – so be sure to send a photo where the judges can clearly get the complete picture.
A panel of independent judges will choose nine (9) finalists once entries have closed.
The judges will also choose 10 wild card entries and the public will have to vote for their favourite wild card on Facebook, who will make up the 10th finalist for this year’s Miss Ma-tric Dance.
The competition is not open for vo-ting by the public, except for the wild card finalists who will be voted for by the public on Facebook by means of “likes”.
Mr Matric Dance
This year a special category for Mr Matric Dance will be introduced. Matric boys who attended a matric dance this year can for the first time also enter our competition.
How to enter
To enter, matriculants must send their matric dance photo via email only.
Qualifying entries will be uploaded in our Miss Matric Dance album on the Kouga Express Facebook page. If your photo does not appear in the album, it means it did not qualify.
Please give at least two working days to allow entries to be reviewed and uploaded online.
Here is how to send your email
, Send the high-quality photo to email@example.com
, Include Kouga Express in the subject field
, Photos must be at least 1MB in size and in jpg format. Collages will be accepted, but must not contain more than three photos.
Include the following details
, Name and surname
, Address (including suburb)
, Contact number
, School you attend
, Date when the dance took place
Entries without the above information will be disqualified.
- The matric dance you attended had to be held at a school in Kouga and Koukamma. It must be your own matric dance and not that of a partner.
- No selfies, group photos or photos with your partner are allowed.
- Only email entries will be accepted.
- No photos that are posted on our Facebook timeline will be accepted.
- You may enter only once for the duration of the competition and only one photograph/collage per entrant will be allowed – choose your photo submission carefully. Once a photo has been submitted, it cannot be swopped with another photo.
- We need to see the complete look of the entrant, including the dress/suit, hair and, if possible, the shoes and accessories.
- Photos must be high resolution (minimum of 1MB).
- Entries open today, August 1 and the competition ends on October 31 at 23:00.
. For more information, contact Tanya van Zyl at 041 503 6059 during office hours or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.