- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-forced, 160°C).
- Grease and line 2 x cookie sheets.
- To make the biscuits cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift in the flour and cocoa and mix well to form a stiff dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly-floured surface to 5mm thick, then using 5cm round cookie cutter, cut out the cookies.
- Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until crisp. Allow to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling by creaming the butter, icing sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Place in the filling in a piping bag and pipe onto half of the cookies, then sandwich together with the rest.
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Makes 12 sandwich cookies.
100 g butter, softened
50 g castor sugar
100 g self-raising flour
25 g cocoa
125 g butter
375 g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence