• 2 cans Koo butter beans in brine (rinsed and drained)
• 1 can Koo chickpeas in brine (rinsed and drained)
• 1 tsp. olive oil
• 1 large red pepper, deseeded and sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• Handful chopped parsley
• Handful chopped fresh basil
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Toss Koo butter beans in brine and Koo chickpeas in brine together in a large bowl.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan, add pepper and fry for about three-four minutes, until soft. 3. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. Mix remaining ingredients with the beans and chick peas, and add cooled pepper (including any pan juice).
5. Cover with cling film and refrigerate
6. To serve, toss ingredients to distribute flavours, adjust seasoning if necessary and serve at room temperature.
— Supplied by Koo