LOCAL matric girls who attended their matric dance this year can now start entering our annual Port Elizabeth Express Miss Matric Dance competition.
Entrants will be judged on their overall look – including the dress, hair, make-up and accessories – so be sure to send a photo where the judges can clearly get the complete picture.
A panel of judges will choose nine (9) finalists once entries have closed.
The judges will also choose 10 wild card entries and the public will have to vote for their favourite wild card on Facebook, who will make up the 10th finalist for this year’s Miss Matric Dance.
Mr Matric Dance
This year a special category for Mr Matric Dance will be introduced. Matric boys who attended a matric dance this year can for the first time also enter our competition.
How to enter
To enter, matriculants must send their matric dance photo via e-mail only.
Qualifying entries will be uploaded in our Miss Matric Dance album on the PE Express Facebook page. If your photo does not appear in the album, it means it did not qualify.
Please give at least two working days to allow entries to be reviewed and uploaded online.
Here is how to send your e-mail
, Send the photo to email@example.com
, Include PE Express in the subject field
, Photos must be at least 1MB in size and in jpg format. Collages will be accepted, but must not contain more than three photos.
Include the following details:
, Name and surname
, Address (including suburb)
, Contact number
, School you attend
, Date when the dance took place
- The matric dance you attended had to be held at a school in Port Elizabeth. It must be your own matric dance and not that of a partner.
- No selfies, group photos or photos with your partner are allowed.
- Only e-mail entries will be accepted.
- No photos that are posted on our Facebook timeline will be accepted.
- You may only enter once for the duration of the competition and only one photograph/collage per entrant will be allowed – choose your photo submission carefully. Once a photo has been submitted, it cannot be swopped with another photo.
- We need to see the complete look of the entrant, including the dress/suit, hair and, if possible, the shoes and accessories.
- Photos must be high resolution (minimum of 1MB).
- Entries opened last week and the competition ends on October 31 at 23:00.
. Phone 041 503 6059 during office hours for more information or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.