Cape Town - A man accused of committing at least 23 rapes over the past five years is expected to appear in the Bellville Magistrate's Court on Thursday.
The 33-year-old suspect appeared in the dock in May and the State requested an additional three months for further investigation.
Forensic evidence linked the man to the rapes, committed over an extended period in Delft and Khayelitsha.
According to police, the man followed and threatened his victims before robbing them of jewellery and money.
Cases of robbery and assault with intent to inflict grievous bodily harm have since been added to the charge sheet.
The man was nabbed in Epping three months ago. At the time, seven victims had been traced.
The State said it needed more time to locate the rest of the complainants, who are aged between 18 and 28. Some are currently in the Eastern Cape.
The suspect previously told the court he would not be applying for bail.