Durban – The case against four men accused of killing SACP member Nontsikelelo Blose in Inchanga was postponed on Wednesday, the NPA said.
The Camperdown Magistrate’s Court postponed the matter to September 16 for a bail application and an identity parade to be conducted, KwaZulu-Natal National Prosecuting Authority spokesperson Natasha Kara said.
Initially, two men were each charged with one count of murder and one of pointing a firearm. The two other men were arrested at the weekend. All four would remain in custody.
Blose, 40, was shot dead at a tavern in Fredville on Sunday two weeks ago. ANC member Xolani Ngcobo was shot and stoned to death the following Monday morning, apparently in a revenge attack. He was buried on the same day as Blose.
Ward 4 councillor Malombo Nxumalo previously told News24 that Blose was killed because she was due to testify against those accused of killing Phillip Dlamini, 69.
The pensioner and Bongani Hlatshwayo, 38, were killed during a public SACP meeting at the KwaNdokweni sports ground in Inchanga on Sunday, January 24.
The murders deepened divisions between the ANC and the SACP in the area.
The latest murders brought to 15 the number of people killed in the province in the last few months. The killings were believed to have been politically motivated.