The Western Cape health department will have a number of Covid-19 vaccination sites operational for walk-ins on Saturday.
The department encouraged residents, who are eligible for the jab, to use the opportunity.
"We ask everyone who is eligible for vaccination to take up this opportunity to be vaccinated as the vaccine offers great protection against severe illness and death from Covid-19," the department said.
The sites are available for walk-ins, in line with the department's priority system, and the number of vaccine doses available at the specific site.
The walk-in sites for this Saturday are:
- Goodwood Hall (08:00 – 12:00)
- Saxon Sea Hall, Atlantis (08:00 – 12:00)
- Mitchells Plain CHC, (08:00 – 12:00)
- Gugulethu CHC (08:00 – 12:00)
- Site B CDC - Cipla Container (08:00 – 14:00)
- Kleinvlei Recreational Hall (08:00 – 14:00)
- Vredendal North Clinic (09:00 – 14:00)
- Citrusdal Hospital (09:00 – 12:00)
- Piketberg Clinic (09:00 – 16:00)
- Darling Community Hall (08:00 – 12:00)
- Saron Clinic (09:00 – 14:00)
- Tankwa Farm Stall
- Witzenberg (09:00, only for farmworkers)
Walk-ins will be prioritised in the following order:
Priority 1 - people 60 years and older, requiring their 1st dose of Pfizer vaccine;
Priority 2 - people 60 years and older, requiring their 2nd dose of Pfizer vaccine;
Priority 3 - people aged 50 -59 years, requiring their 1st dose of Pfizer vaccine;
Priority 4 – people aged 35-49 years, requiring their 1st dose of Pfizer vaccine.