What are government's plans for Eskom?
Will SAA remain a going concern?
Will South Africans get an update on state capture crimes?
And will Julius Malema and the EFF again disrupt proceedings?
News24 will provide comprehensive coverage of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s fourth state of the nation address on Thursday night, providing readers with breaking news, in-depth analyses and a live stream.
- News24’s editor-in-chief Adriaan Basson will lead coverage from our studio on Stalplein in front of the National Assembly at Parliament, where he will be joined by senior political reporter Tshidi Madia.
- Our live stream starts at 17:30, when Basson and Madia will preview the speech and discuss what the real state of South Africa is.
- Ramaphosa’s speech will be streamed live from 19:00, and Basson and Madia will analyse the speech live in-studio alongside ministers and MPs as they emerge from the House. You can watch it here onNews24.
- Reporter Jenni Evans will lead our build-up to the speech, feeding News24’s live article from Poorthuis at Pariament, where she will speak to MPs as they arrive.
- Political reporter Lizeka Tandwa will file our breaking stories from Parliament, while parliamentary reporter Jan Gerber will be on the press gallery for the duration of proceedings in the House.
- News24 will also provide breaking analysis during the speech, with Fin24 breaking down the future of our all-important state-owned enterprises, Eskom being chief among them.
- Voices Editor Yunus Kemp will post News24’s First Take analysis within an hour of the conclusion of Ramapohosa’s speech, with our regular Friday Briefing – which will be published shortly after 06:00 tomorrow – being devoted to analysis of what Ramaphosa said, and what it means.