The Western Cape government's offer of a R100 000 reward for information that will put train arsonists behind bars has not been claimed yet, Community Safety MEC Dan Plato said on Monday.
Meanwhile, Metrorail in Cape Town is operating with less than half the coaches it needs.
"I remind the law-abiding citizens of the province that the Department of Community Safety's R100 000 reward still stands for anyone with information which could see the positive arrest and prosecution of those responsible," said Plato, Cape Town's incoming mayor.
Six more coaches were damaged in three different incidents in the region last week, leaving Metrorail with only 42 of the required 88 sets of trains to properly service Cape Town and its outskirts.
"While the police need to establish if these attacks are connected, who is behind these different incidents and why, we all have to assist in whichever way we can," Plato said.
His spokesperson Ewald Botha said there had been no word from police that anybody had come forward with information that would lead to a prosecution.
Plato hoped the offer of R100 000 would encourage somebody to make a move.
Metrorail has also offered a R25 000 reward, in the hopes of getting information.
- FOLLOW News24 on Twitter