We're looking for a self-starter whose passion for travel takes on Garmin proportions but your feature writing voice is far more versatile. You're able to roll with the punches and when you're not out experiencing what South Africa's tourism industry has to offer, you're able to buckle down to produce engaging, research-based features that give our readers itchy feet. You have a voice and you're not afraid to use it as you share your advice and experiences with our growing online community - all the while charming our readers into contributing and sharing with their fellow travellers.
Main outputs of the job:
- Produce web 2.0 content including punchy features, edit images and upload videos
- Sound understanding of content management systems and social media marketing
- Must be organised, able to apply attention to detail and be assertive in interpreting briefs and assigned tasks
- Passionate about travel and knowledgeable about local and international holiday destinations and trends
- Deadline driven and able to contribute enthusiastically to editorial meetings
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant tertiary education with a journalism or media related qualification
- Examples of written work – personal blog or professionally published portfolio
Interested applicants must be Cape Town based and will be required to complete a writing and copy test on the day of the interview. If you don't hear back from us, please take it that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications: 21 January 2013 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org