Cape Town - Nothing is as debilitating as having to spend a layover at an airport. Even more so, when you're forced to do time at one of the worst airports in the world...
For the more fortunate of travellers, layovers occasionally happen to be at one of the world's wonderful airports. You know, the kinds with free hot-water showers and comfy recliners where you can sleep for the bulk of your eight-hour stopover.
Here are the Top 10 Best Airports for Sleeping:
1. Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore (SIN)
2. Seoul Incheon International Airport, South Korea (ICN)
3. Tokyo Haneda International Airport, Japan (HND)
4. Helsinki International Airport, Finland (HEL)
5. Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong (HKG)
6. Vancouver International Airport, Canada (YVR)
7. Tokyo Narita International Airport, Japan (NRT)
8. Munich International Airport, Germany (MUC)
9. Tallinn International Airport, Estonia (TLL)
10. Zurich Kloten International Airport, Switzerland (ZRH)
The airports mentioned here are the best in the world according to the official Best Airports for Sleeping's 2017 results, for which travellers voted in the 2017 Airport Survey.
What to read next on Traveller24:FindYourEscape: 25 new flight routes and expansions SA travellers can take advantage of