Not only will Airlink be able to fly more people between Johannesburg and Richards Bay, but their passengers will also be more comfortable with the airline's new Embraer 170E-Jet.
From 17 September, Airlink will start flying one of its new 74-seater jets on the midday flight on the route, and from 1 October it will fly on the afternoon flights with its two-by-two abreast seating with large windows. Every seat, with a generous seat pitch, will offer either a window or aisle option, and there will be more overhead bin space for your hand luggage.
The increase in capacity is due to market demand.
These are the times for the flights from Monday to Friday and Sundays between OR Tambo International Airport and Richards Bay:
- ORT - RB Midday: Depart 11:45 and arrive 12:40
- ORT - RB Afternoon: Depart 15:20 and arrive 16:30
- RB - ORT Midday: Depart 13:10 and arrive 14:15
- RB - ORT Afternoon: Depart 17:00 and arrive 18:05
The current 29-seater Jetstream 41 will still operate the morning flights Monday to Saturdays:
- ORT - RB: Depart 07:00 and arrive 08:15
- RB - ORT: Depart 08:45 and arrive 10:10
"Airlink looks forward to setting a new standard for business, leisure travellers and international tourists using its services on the route," reads the press statement.