Cape Town - Have you ever seen that one hot, bronzed vibrant traveller walking past you on their way to the sea - and when that traveller passes, you feel as though the world is standing still, allowing you to take in all of their beauty...
So you smile....
But they just don’t see.
You secretly say... “I love you” but they look straight ahead and not at you...
Sound familiar? Well this jazzy holiday scenario sadly plays out all the time... Leaving many travellers smitten by the gods and goddesses of adventure - those who do it all just right and sexy. Those who do it all just right and look simply irresistible doing it.
Surfing in Bali, meditating in India, skiing in Alaska, kitesurfing in Byron Bay or adventure trekking on the Rim of Africa.
If you are tired of being ignored by the surfer babes and the hot jungle ninjas of the Amazon - here are a few tips, well trusted by the best of them, to add that sexy traveller glow to your aura and bloody-well work it.
You didn’t spend all that money on your ticket to Panama to blend in with the locals, now did you?
Start from the beginning and repeat after me...
1. Experiences are sexier than stories - While imagination is a key factor in feeling and appearing sexy... Actions speak louder than words.
I will be more adventurous, feel the sun on my back, the wind in my hair and the joy of freedom wherever I roam.
2. I will chase the heat of my sun but also know my limits - The sun warms us up and browns our skin, giving off that irresistible glow that makes the boys and girl’s heart’s race. This is good. I will also refrain from hogging the sun.
This has its (major) downsides ie. Skin cancer and extreme pealing. This is not irresistible.
3. I will show off my scars with pride - Nothing is more hardcore and filled with pheromones than a sexy scar, a few stitches or a bruised shin here and there. Be careful of the casts and major bandaging though... Pity is never sexy and Capetonians are spoilt for options.
Make sure you’re one of them.
4. I will name drop with caution - Do you know what’s sexier than a faulty name dropper? A confident working one!
If you’re going to show off about your spearfishing at Sodwana Bay, befriending lions in the Kruger or camping with the wildebeest in the Serengeti - make sure you know what you’re talking about.
Name dropping correctly adds just the sexiest amount of envy to any possible summer fling.READ: 10 ways this sexy traveller kickstarts our summer engines
5. Take the shackles off your feet so you can.... DANCE! I will always trust the music. It will lead you.
Dancing is a great way to get out and expo yourself. South Africans are dancing queens and kings.
Make sure you check out some movers and shakers on the weekends in Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and Port Elizabeth and get practicing on them moves. Once you’re confident enough, show off what you’ve learnt abroad.
6. I will say it sexy - Along with doing the samba, the salsa or the tango comes the right lingo! Impress foreigners by confidently cooing a few foreign language phrases and never forget them. Use them to impress the toughest cookie at the bar and watch them crumble. In a good way.READ: 12 super sexy SA hotels where you'd want to get it on
7. I am a lion on the mountain - You're from Africa - pick a spirit animal and work it! Travellers love that stuff. The best places to use the spirit animal line and tactics of the gizelle, rhino or wildebeest are often those zen-like retreats and meditation centers in the middle east. You will be worshipped. Be wary of unflattering spirit animals... perhaps no hippopotamus?
You can thank us later....