2½ cups of pasta screws, cooked,
1¼ cup of Nola Sweet and Creamy Reduced Oil Mayonnaise,
1 lemon, juiced,
1 (100g) feta round, crumbled,
1 lettuce head,
½ large cucumber,
2 tins (410g each) whole kernel corn, drained,
2½ cups of cherry tomatoes,
1 large red onion,
2 orange peppers, and
1 pack (200g) bacon, fried and chopped.
Braaied garlic bread
1. Add the cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the Nola Sweet and Creamy Reduced Oil Mayonnaise, lemon juice and the crumbled feta. Stir until combined and the pasta is well coated. Set aside for later use.
2. Chop the lettuce and add it to a large, clear salad bowl, ensuring the lettuce covers the entire base of the bowl.
3. Chop the cucumbers into chunky triangles and layer the cucumbers on top of the lettuce.
4. Layer the drained corn over the cucumber.
5. Slice the baby tomatoes in half and layer them on top of the corn. Chef’s tip: Slice the tomatoes in-between two side plates.
6. Finely dice the red onion and sprinkle over the baby tomatoes.
7. Deseed and dice the peppers. Layer the peppers on top of the red onion.
8. Carefully spread the creamy pasta over the peppers.
9. Sprinkle the crispy bacon over the creamy pasta.
10. Scatter some basil leaves on top, if using. Serve the colourful pasta salad with braaied boerewors and garlic bread, and enjoy!
Visit the Facebook page Foodiesofsa or the website foodiesofsa.com for a variety of interesting local recipes.