The Edulife Group launched an innovative education programme, Edulife Distance Learning, on 1 June.
This relies on the three schools in the Edulife Group – the Academy of Excellence, the Vista Junior Academy and the Olive Ridge School – through the utilisation of the combined knowledge of teachers in the group of schools.
Debbie van Wyk, head of the Olive Ridge School and coordinator of Edulife Distance Learning, says that this programme makes provision for learners from Gr. R to Gr. 12 to join at any time of the year, in the language of their choice.
Parents can register children for distance learning through a registered learning institution, in the case of children not being allowed to, not being able to or not wanting to return to school.
Van Wyk says that the programme consists of e-commerce, online classes and home contact sessions, as well as work sets for learners, the monitoring of progress, the proof of progress, a progress report and frequent feedback.
The curriculum is Caps and the teaching method is discussed in an interview with each learner and parent before the start of learning.
The teaching plan and method are compiled in such a way that each parent and learner’s specific learning needs are addressed.
This means that should a learner not have internet access, he or she will still be able to join. It further means that should a working parent not have the chance to help a learner with assessments or proof of work, a registered and qualified teacher from the Edulife Group will assist the learner.
“The advantage of Edulife Distance Learning is the large number of qualified teachers who are able to make their knowledge and experience available to the learners,” says Van Wyk.
The tariffs are affordable and custom-made for everyone’s circumstances.
“We strive to provide you and your working family with a tailor-made and affordable educational experience that is fully adaptable to your individualised circumstances,” says Hansie Engelbrecht, chief executive officer (CEO) of the Edulife Group.
This method of distance learning will enable learners to continue their academic career, bring it up to date, as well as to improve. A learner or parent will also be able to supply proof of progress to any school when the learner or parent decides to continue with contact learning.
“We are extremely excited about the uniqueness of the distance learning aspect of the Edulife Group, since it is custom-made to accommodate each child to reach their maximum potential,” says Willie Havenga, academic head and former executive of Curro Bloemfontein.
“It is a fantastic solution for parents who are anxious about sending their children back to school.”
Let us help you
“Make sure your child is registered when home schooling.” – Minister Angie Motshekga
Edulife will make it possible to educate your children from home during this time if you find it challenging.
- We offer learners assistance in every aspect of their education.
- We have active teachers with years of experience to assist leaners daily.
- Learners can engage in our remote programme anytime during the year.
- We decide on a method of engagement and a timetable with you.
“Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
Edulife has combined knowledge of different schools. The Caps Curriculum is offered in the following:
- Gr. R; Gr. 1 to Gr. 3: Mathematics; English Home Language; Life Skills, Afrikaans First Additional Language
- Gr. 4 to Gr. 7: Mathematics; English Home Language; Life Skills; Afrikaans First Additional Language; Social Science; Natural Science and Technology.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela.
The Caps Curriculum is offered in the following:
- Gr. 7 to Gr. 9: English Home Language, Afrikaans First Additional Language, Mathematics, Natural Science, Social Science, Economic Management Science, Technology, Creative Arts and Life Orientation.
- Gr 10 to Gr. 12: English Home Language, Afrikaans First Additional Language, Mathematics, Mathematical Literacy, Life Science, Physical Science, Business Studies, Sesotho Second Additional Language, Geography, Tourism and Life Orientation.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I participate temporarily until my return to school?
Yes, we are registered and will provide evidence of work.
- Will I receive a report card for promotion?
Yes, if curriculum standards are met by the learner.
- What do I need?
We will advise you, depending on your method of engagement.
- How will my work be assessed?
Depending on the agreed method of learning, it will be done online or via direct assessment at your home.
- Can I speak to my teacher?
Yes, your teacher will be available for you and your parents or guardian. You will receive a personalised timetable and will be monitored.
– Contact Edulife Distance Learning for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 051-492-4847.