Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 25 min
Total time: 35 min
Course: Side dish cuisine
These easy-to-make bread rolls are great when you need fresh bread as soon as possible. They do not require any yeast, eggs, butter or oil yet taste like yeast bread without all the work. The rolls are crusty on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside.
Whether you are looking for an easy bread recipe to make for a family meal or need a stress-free bread recipe to serve at an upcoming gathering, these bread rolls are perfect for almost any occasion.
- 2 cups (250 g) self-rising flour
- 1 ½ cups (350 g) non-fat plain Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 177°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour and yoghurt. Stir with a spatula until all the flour is fully incorporated and a dough forms. Your dough will be quite sticky. Be careful not to overmix. The more you mix, the stickier your dough will be.
3. Divide dough evenly into eight pieces. Lightly wet your hands and grab one of the dough pieces. Roll it between your hands until it forms a ball (it is okay if it has cracks, you just want to make sure it is round) and then place it onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough (wash and rewet your hands for each one), spacing dough balls 5 cm apart.
4. Place rolls into oven and bake for about 25 min or until rolls are done.
- If you do not have self-rising flour, you can make your own by whisking together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 3 tsp of baking powder, and ½ tsp of salt.
- Because of how sticky the dough is, the best way to handle it is with clean and slightly wet hands.
- Look online for potential substitutions for plain non-fat Greek yogurt. – kirbiecravings