Need a safe lift for your child? Connect and organise rides with other parents from your child’s school with the d6 Connect app. Here’s how it works.
Some parents need help with lifts for their children. Others have empty seats while driving their kids around. Now, there is a community solution to this issue: the d6 Connect app connects parents needing lifts with those who can offer them*.
How it works:
Parents who want to book a ride: In the d6 Connect app, go to “rides” under the “more” section. When you click on “book a trip”, you’ll see if there are trips offered by parents in your school. If there aren’t any trips available, you can “request a trip” by listing the details of your trip (date, times and pickup and drop-off areas) here.
Parents who can offer rides: Open the d6 Connect app, go to “more”, select “rides” and click on “create a trip”. You can load the trips you are making here, or if you click “help out” on the pink banner, you will see ride requests created by parents needing lifts in your community.
Is it safe?
When using the ride-share initiative in d6 Connect, you can rest easy because this school lift platform is limited to parents from your child’s school. It’s a lift club exclusive to your school and offers a community solution for parents, by parents.
Tick these off your list of concerns:
1. Is my child's information safe on the app? Yes! It’s only after the driving parent accepts a booking that they will be able to see a photo and the pick-up and drop-off addresses of their Zipalong (the child making the trip)
2. Will we know who the driver is? Of course! There are photos of all driving parents next to the available trip in d6 Connect. You will know exactly who your child is traveling with, and you can also share the photo of the driving parent and his/her vehicle with your child via WhatsApp.
3. What if I cannot make the trip anymore? You can cancel at any time but remember – parents rely on each other, so do so well in advance and with a valid excuse.
4. What is the secret passphrase? This word or sentence ensures that your child gets a lift with the correct driving parent. It only becomes available to the driving parent once the trip is confirmed.
5. How do I know where my child is? Follow the trip with live tracking on a map and know exactly where your child is during the journey.
Click here to open the page with the ride-sharing function.
*For parents of d6 Connect schools.