SPAR is your one-stop shop for Braai Day essentials this Heritage Month. Spoil your family and friends with premium beef, the most delicious range of braai breads and convenient SPAR Freshline ready-to-eat salads.
A thick-cut, perfectly matured, Class A SPAR Steak Co. T-bone steak is part sirloin and part fillet. It looks impressive on the braai, and wait ’til you taste the flavour!
Season the meat with salt and pepper; drizzle some olive oil over it, and braai over the coals until a seared crust forms, while the inside remains medium-rare and juicy. Serve it with home-made Chimichurri, a SPAR Bakery garlic-filled ciabatta and a fresh salad.
T-bone steak with Chimichurri
- 30g SPAR Freshline parsley (stems and leaves)
- 30g SPAR Freshline basil (stems and leaves)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp SPAR apple cider vinegar 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- ½ SPAR Freshline small red onion, diced
- 1 red chilli, chopped finely
- 60ml (1/4 cup) SPAR olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and black pepper
Chop the herbs finely by hand or using a stick blender, and mix with the garlic, vinegar, and lemon juice. Stir in the onion, chilli and olive oil to make a chunky sauce. Season with sea salt flakes and black pepper to taste. Pour into a bowl and set aside, ready to serve with your perfectly braaied T-Bone steak.
Make sure to check out the SPAR Tender and Tasty range of braai sauces and spice shakers and grinders to bring a world of flavour to your braai!