Our ‘new normal’ needs a healthy immune system to help navigate the stresses of everyday life
What a year 2020 is turning out to be! Social distancing, face masks and increased hand-washing are now the order of the day. Countless parents and children have been introduced to online schooling, and online meetings have increased exponentially. On top of that, many of us have faced retrenchment and digging into our savings to survive.
How do you stay healthy during all this turmoil?
Adequate nutrition is key
Eating healthily and getting exercise is essential, but at times like these supplementation is also a good idea to ensure your body gets all the micronutrients it needs.There are at least 30 vitamins, minerals and dietary components that your body needs, but can’t adequately manufacture in sufficient amounts on its own. 1
Immunity starts with ‘C’
Vitamin C is probably one of the most talked-about vitamins of the year. It bolsters your immune system, promotes the normal functioning of your nervous system and helps you feel less tired, which in turn makes you feel healthier and stronger. 2 A potent antioxidant, Vitamin C works to protect your cells from oxidative stress.3
‘D’ scores top marks, too!
Vitamin D may be an important way to arm the immune system against infections such as the common cold. A large study noted that Vitamin D supplements protect against acute respiratory infections including colds and flu, providing robust evidence that this vitamin has benefits beyond bone and muscle health.4
Start your sustained wellness journey today!
Not sure which supplements to take? Leading pharmaceutical company Adcock Ingram (Pty) Ltd have launched BIOPLUS® VIT-ALITY, a new daily vitamin and mineral supplement range. Every product formulation is designed to give your body the micronutrient support it needs for sustainable vitality.
Consider BIOPLUS® VIT-ALITY MULTI-VITAMIN, MULTI-MINERAL & ANTIOXIDANT, which includes Vitamin B and ginseng, long believed to reduce fatigue and enhance stamina and endurance.5 BIOPLUS® VIT-ALITY C 1000 MG contributes to normal functioning of your immune system,2 and BIOPLUS® VIT-ALITY D3 contributes to strong bone and teeth maintenance, and the normal functioning of your immune system.6
Stay calm, strong and fully functioning, in spite of all the challenges: get Fuel4Life!
The BIOPLUS® VIT-ALITY range is available at selected Dis-Chem and Clicks stores, as well as selected independent pharmacies nationwide. For more information, visit : https://bioplus.co.za/ and join the conversation on Facebook.
- Harvard health. Vitamins and Minerals. Available at:
https://www.helpguide.org/harvard/vitamins-and-minerals.htm. Last accessed June 2020.
- Bioplus Vit-ality C 1000 mg effervescent tablets package insert. Adcock Ingram.
- Medical News Today. Top 5 natural antihistamines for allergies. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/323276#vitamin-c. Last accessed: June 2020
- University of Queen Mary London. “Vitamin D protects against colds and flu, finds major global study.” ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 16 February 2017. Available at:
- https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/02/170216110002.htm. Last accessed August 2020
- Harvard Health Blog. Do ‘energy boosters’ work? Available at: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/do-energy-boosters-work-201311156878. Last accessed June 2020.
- Bioplus Vit-ality D3 capsules package insert. Adcock Ingram.