SPONSORED: Finding a hiking boot that is light, comfortable, supportive and durable is hard enough. Add affordable and you might say your chances of finding the Holy Grail are better. The brand-new Geo Trail Pro Mid from Hi-Tec turns this quest on its head.
Hi-Tec have been around for almost 50 years, and there’s very little this company doesn’t know about trail shoes and hiking boots. This new lightweight Geo is geometrically engineered for the outdoors. It incorporates all the latest technology into a high-performance boot at an ultra-competitive price of only R1 299.
It was the go-to boot for a two-week trip that incorporated long walks on rocky Karoo trails and dry riverbeds, as well as steep and slippery hikes through the forests of the Garden Route National Park.
Plus, its good looks and blue and black colour scheme allow you to dress it up with a pair of jeans and crisp shirt for a night out at a fancy restaurant in Plettenberg Bay.
The lightness and comfort of the Geo make this boot stand out from its competitors.
The high performance upper is light, breathable and comfortable. Both the forefoot protection and heel abrasion are welded, reducing weight and friction points. The footbed is perforated (more weight saving) and removable, but it does a fantastic job of cradling your foot arch.
It allows for airflow around your foot while you’re walking, which stabilises your foot temperature and increases your comfort. The midsole features Hi-Tec’s Dyna-Cradle, which is made from an EVA rubber blend that both absorbs shocks and offers responsiveness on the trail.
There’s even more clever tech in the form of the lightweight and durable fork shank called Dynamic Transition Aid (DTA) that maintains the stability of your foot throughout your gait cycle.
The M-D Traction rubber outsoles feature a multi-terrain lug design that can handle scrambling up rocks, easing your way down a slippery forest trail and pounding pavement through town. Reflective laces increase your visibility to others once the sun sets.
Key technical features include:
- Durable and lightweight, the high-performance uppers deliver comfort, support, protection and breathability.
- The lightweight welded forefoot protection and fastening system reduces friction points, creates a sock-like feel and ensures trail absorbing protection.
- The welded heel abrasion reduces weight and maximises protection.
- Reflective laces give an adaptable, versatile fit during wear and remain subtle in appearance during the day and visible when needed in the dark – 24-hour performance guaranteed.
- A removable lightweight perforated PU footbed cradles the arch, giving you long-term comfort and support. It also allows for airflow around the foot during motion, which helps stabilise foot temperature.
The Geo will get you to your destination faster, safer and in more comfort. Sizes range from 5 to 13 (UK), and it’s available at Hi-Tec stores and online here.