What’s new to stream, happening in Formula One, or going viral across the globe? News24's Lifestyle and Entertainment Editor Herman Eloff curates a selection of lifestyle articles for you to read at leisure this weekend.
1) Challenger: The tragic day 7 heroes died in the icy blue sky as the world watched
Seventy-three seconds after the space shuttle Challenger left its launch pad at Kennedy Space Centre at Cape Canaveral, Florida on 28 January 1986, it was devoured by a massive cloud of smoke.
2) Jerusalema: A timeline of how Master KG captured the world
Over 150 million YouTube views. More than 4 million Shazams. 41.4 million streams and an average of over 7.5 monthly listeners on Spotify. 238.7 million impressions on TikTok. These are the numbers garnered by Limpopo-born Kgoagelo Moagi’s Jerusalema.
3) The Devil All the Time: A must-watch film to add to your list
The Devil All the Time is a multi-stranded story of two serial killer lovers, a very questionable priest, a pair of orphans and a compromised sheriff who make their way through life in a backwater town in post-war America.
4) Fernando Alonso and Renault 3.0: The perfect marriage or a perfect storm?
Despite 32 wins, 22 poles, 97 podiums and two F1 titles, and double victories at Le Mans and a single at Daytona, there is no career so frustratingly fault-prone off track as that of Fernando Alonso.
5) An ode to TV's It girls who seemingly dressed beyond their means and the stylists who made them so
To the women who spend frivolously and bargain hunt ferociously - from the 1990s to the twentysomethings.