The story: The case of a Mpumalanga ANC provincial executive committee (PEC) member accused of the rape of his 8-year-old twin daughters was postponed in the Mbombela Magistrate's Court on Monday. National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Monica Nyuswa said the man appeared in court alongside his 26-year-old stepson.
What we know: The matter has been postponed to 1 October for a formal bail application. The victims are 8 years of age.
Action: Earlier on Monday, the ANC said it suspended the accused. Acting ANC chairperson in Mpumalanga Mandla Ndlovu said ANC officials in the province had met and decided that the he should step down from his position in the ANC, given the gravity of the charges.