- Has your work or small business been crippled by Eskom's persistent power cuts?
- News24 is inviting its readers to share more about the losses they've suffered due to load shedding.
- Let us know in the comments or send an email to email@example.com
- You can follow News24's Eskom live feed for rolling updates on the power crisis.
South Africans are reaching the end of their tether when it comes to the country’s electricity crisis and its devastating financial effects.
After the country endured a dark festive season, Eskom escalated load shedding to Stage 6 "until further notice" last week.
With citizens in the dark for up to 10 hours a day, households and small businesses continue to bear the cost of the ongoing crisis.
Government, Eskom, and the National Energy Regulator of SA (Nersa) could be hauled to court to answer for their failure in dealing with the country's power problems, as civil society groups threaten mass action.
At the same time, President Cyril Ramaphosa and his Cabinet are facing political heat over Stage 6 and Nersa's decision to grant Eskom’s tariff increases of 18.65% this year and 12.74% next year.
Blackouts are no good for the bottom line, and News24 wants to hear from small business owners how hours without electricity have impacted their lives.
Do you run a bakery, salon, or internet cafe? Have you had to cut your trading hours or close up shop due to power cuts?
Tell us how load shedding has affected your operations by leaving your response in the comments section or by emailing us your stories, pictures and videos to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From political moves to procurement woes, here's a look at our most recent Eskom coverage:
- Nick Hedley | Is this the final nail in Eskom's coffin?
- The people rise up: Top lawyers, politicians take aim at govt, Eskom as load shedding crisis deepens
- Ralph Mathekga | Stop spinning conspiracy theories ministers, and fix the Eskom crisis
- Prepaid electricity crisis: 70 million meters may stop working next year
- Adriaan Basson | Mr President, there are whispers of a load shedding revolution
- Lisa Steyn | You were always going to pay for too-big-to-fail Eskom
- SA is one step away from Stage 8 load shedding as breakdowns, cash shortages lead to disaster
- Thabi Leoka | Buckle up - we're in a race to the bottom, and the crisis is much bigger than Eskom
- Food security, food prices and job losses: Why SA's energy woes are bad news for agriculture
- 'It is complete nonsense': Eskom tariff hike raises ire of Cape Town residents
- Mantashe claims Eskom's power crisis can be fixed in 6 to 12 months
- Eskom enters key stage of Koeberg revamp as SA's power grid reels