Cape Town - Mayor of Cape Town Patricia de Lille is expected to announce the new Members of the Mayoral Committee (MMCs) on Monday.
The committee is made up of the political heads of specific portfolios.
They will be introduced after the council adopts the Organisational Development and Transformation Plan which aims to streamline government to be more ''customer-centric''.
De Lille is expected to also explain why the plan has reduced the number of directorates from 11 to 10.
The last committee, announced after the 2 August 2016 local government elections was:
- MMC for Transport for Cape Town (TCT): Brett Herron
- MMC for Safety and Security: Jean-Pierre (JP) Smith
- MMC for Utilities: Ernest Sonnenberg
- MMC for Corporate Services: Xanthea Limber
- MMC for Human Settlements: Benedicta Van Minnen
- MMC for Energy, Environment, and Spatial Planning: Johan Van Der Merwe
- MMC for Health: Siya Mamkeli
- MMC for Social Development and Early Childhood Development: Suzette Little
- MMC for Tourism, Events, and Economic Development: Eddie Andrews;
- MMC for Community Services: Anda Ntsodo;
- MMC for Finance: Ian Neilson.