- The Moti brothers were snatched en route to school in Limpopo on Wednesday.
- An armed group of seven forcefully removed the boys from the car that was transporting them.
- Limpopo police confirmed there had been no ransom demand as yet.
Police say there has been no ransom demand for the four brothers snatched from the car which was transporting them to school on Wednesday.
On Thursday, Limpopo police spokesperson Brigadier Motlafela Mojapelo told News24 the family had not received any ransom demand after the abduction of the Moti brothers - Zia, 15, Alaan, 13, Zayyad, 11, and Zidan, six.
According to the police, they were on their way to school when a group of armed men forcefully removed the boys from the BMW they were travelling in, leaving their driver behind.
"The 64-year-old driver allegedly fetched the children from Nirvana and was driving along the R37 road, near the N1 bypass, when he was suddenly blocked by two vehicles, a white Kia Sorento and black Mercedes Benz," said Mojapelo after the incident.
He said the police were working tirelessly to locate the children.
The family's lawyer, Philip Smit, told YOU they believed the kidnappers' motive was ransom money.
Nazim and Shanka Moti are prominent businesspeople in Polokwane.
"They are actually doing reasonably well – they're still full of hope," Smith said.
The children's cellphones were later recovered. It had been dumped at Flora Park.
Mojapelo asked anyone with information to contact the investigating officer, Captain Ntlane Rasedile, on 082 565 8566 or Crime Stop on 08600 10111.