- One person was treated for smoke inhalation after an office building in the Johannesburg CBD caught alight.
- It took the firefighters just over 40 minutes to fully extinguish the two rooms affected.
- The fire was caused when an embroidery machine blew up.
The City of Johannesburg Emergency Management Services (EMS) on Tuesday treated one person for smoke inhalation after two rooms in an office building in the central business district (CBD) were damaged in a fire.
EMS spokesperson Nana Radebe told News24 that firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze within 40 minutes after an embroidery machine blew up, causing damage to the building.
"An embroidery machine was short of oil and blew up. Only two rooms were affected," she said.