25 Nov 2019Wits tested baby food sugar levels in South Africa, and their findings are alarming
Wits has collected and analysed the sugar content of 235 baby food items sold in major South African supermarkets, concluding that there’s an urgent need to start regulating sugar in baby foods.
WATCH: Parenting hack involves violently punching stuffed animals
We do not condone this approach, but in some cases it does seem to be oddly effective.
The new baby food rules
Stressing about solids can turn a fun experience into a fraught one. We bust or confirm five baby feeding myths so you can feed on –...
No, giving your baby solid food early won't help them sleep better
Despite recent headlines and claims that giving babies solid foods at just 3 months will help them sleep better, there is a reason we...
10 of the best ways to start solids
Tackle this major baby milestone confidently with our great tips.
Going from bottle to cup
Introducing a sippy cup is just another step your growing baby is making towards independence. Follow these easy steps to success.
8 signs your baby may be ready for solids
Wondering when to start introducing solids to your little one? Here's a checklist that might guide that decision.
When is cow's milk safe for baby?
Experts recommend that babies only be given cow’s milk after the age of 12 months. Here's why.
20 baby food myths busted!
Moms are bombarded with nutritional information. How do you separate the old wives’ tales from the gems, the science from the...
No need to panic about baby milk in SA
A global baby milk recall due to salmonella contamination doesn't affect South Africa.
The wonderful world of starting solids
Starting solids can be a confusing stage. Here are some tips to help you on your baby's journey.
The perfect age for solids
PRINT IT: Baby-led weaning meal planner
With baby-led weaning your baby can eat from the family meal. Here are some great recipes and a free meal planner to help you on your...
Great recipes from 'Healthy Food for a Healthy Baby'
Author Monique Le Roux Forslund talks to Parent24 editor about her brand new book.
Tips on what you look out for when buying baby food
Food labels can give you a lot of information about what is good for your family.
Recipes to help you wean your breastfed baby
Baby-led weaning is a great way to introduce solids and author of Monique Le Roux Forslund tells us how.
Watch: Baby goes bananas
This video proves that laughing at something as silly as a banana can bring so much joy.
Do the mash
Homemade baby food is not as scary as it seems.
How to ditch the bottle
You CAN get rid of your child's bottle without having an anxious toddler!
- LISTEN | 'I wished we were in a harder lockdown': Young single mom shares her pandemic pregnancy and birth experience
- WATCH | Baby seeing koala for the first time is un-bear-ably cute
- WATCH | Mandy Moore's unique gift from her husband mid-pregnancy is so sweet
- What's the harm in spoiling your kids a little? Find out here
- When is the right time to drop my toddler's nap?
- Zuma's 'Secret Service': How ex-president's 'private spy force' was recruited before he even took office
- Health department only sought deviation to negotiate with vaccine makers in January - Treasury
- Direct selling lobby group representing Amway, Herbalife and Avon calls for crackdown on Ponzi schemes
- Zondo Commission spy saga shows why parliamentary oversight and openness are critical
- Limpopo nurses declare dispute with health dept during surge in Covid-19 cases
Play Sense is taking families on a Playcation
14 Dec 2020
From Koe'siestes To Kneidlach - With Kids! at The Baxter this festive season
09 Dec 2020
'HATS on 4 CPC': Local NGO shares how you can show your support on Universal Child...
09 Oct 2020
Make books together, apart, with Book Dash
09 Oct 2020