- Soak 2 slices of bread, crusts, removed in 100 ml milk.
- Mix soaked bread with 500 g extra lean beef mince
- 1 grated granny smith apple (with skin)
- 1 small finely chopped onion
- 25 ml chopped parsley
- 2 ml mixed spice
- 5 ml salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Using a fork. Shape into 6 patties and refrigerate until needed
- Fry in a little olive oil in a heavy based frying pan for 2-3 minutes per side or until done.
- Burgers can also be grilled in a preheated griddle pan or grilled over the coals.
Sweet potato and lamb burgers:
Replace beef mince with lamb mince. Replace apple with grated sweet potato.
Find more healthy kid friendly recipes here.