- 4 slices bread
- 1 T old English mustard
- 2 T tomato sauce
- 100 g ostrich bacon, cooked
- 90 g lean chicken roll
- 2 firm, ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Salt and pepper to season
- Spread mustard on the white slices of bread and tomato sauce on the brown.
- Place bacon and chicken on the white slices.
- Top with sliced tomato and lettuce. Season to taste.
- Close sandwich by placing brown bread on top of lettuce. Cut with a sharp bread knife into quarters. Pierce sandwich triangles with a wooden skewer to create a fun mini dagwood sandwich.
Find more healthy kid friendly recipes here.
Share your stories and questions with us via email at chatback @ parent24.com. Anonymous contributions are welcome.