Adoptive parents and those either considering adoption or who are in the process of adopting a child are welcome to join Cape Town Adoption Support, a support group facilitated by clinical psychologist and adoptive parent, Jean Luyt.
The group offers a safe platform for tackling difficult topics you’ve been met with as an adoptive parent, a community of people who share your experience, along with the professional support of experienced psychologists.
In addition to specific topics relevant to the group, you can expect to learn about:
- Enhancing attachment
- Talking to your child about adoption
- Managing discipline in constructive ways
- Dealing with (inappropriate) questions from family, friends and strangers
- Transracial adoption
- Answering your child’s questions in age appropriate ways
- Preparing yourself and your chid if they want to meet their biological parents
Cape Town Adoption Support meets every other Saturday in Roukoop road, Rondebosch, and each session accommodates up to 10 participants.
Details on next meeting:
Date: 26 August
Time: 11:00 – 12:00
Venue: Roukoop road, Rondebosch
Cost: R300 per person
For more information about Cape Town Adoption Support contact Jean Luyt on 082 872 0192 or email@example.com.
To keep up to date on future events join the Facebook Page: “Cape Town Adoption Support”