Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
06 Oct 2009
homeschooling in sa
if homeschooling is legal in sa then why do we need organisations like the pestalozzi legal defence group when we want to homeschool our children? surely as parents we should have the right to school our children as we see fit. especially with all the violence in our schools today?
South African law does parents the freedom and right to home school. However just as the law allows people to drive cars, how people drive (badly, intoxicated, without a licence, for example) needs to be monitored by government. When the government identifies and takes a drunk driver to court the drunk driver requires a defense attorney to defend their stance using an advanced knowledge of the law. Similarly because there is occasionally a conflict between the government and parents who home school, organisations like Pestalozzi become necessary to assist home schoolers with interpreting the law.
- 9 recruitment centres in South Africa to help you find a great job
- 'Sadly, no driving need' for white racial literacy, says founder of the Racial Literacy Project
- WATCH | Self-taught two-year-old genius can count in multiple languages
- WATCH | 'We were overwhelmed': Meghan Markle opens up about the birth of daughter Lilibet
- When does an unborn baby start to breathe?
- Debt-laden Cell C embraces new streamlined strategy
- REVEALED | First warnings of chaos came two months before KZN, Gauteng were crippled by July unrest
- THE ESKOM FILES | Load shedding crisis: Lack of maintenance, breakdowns crippling Eskom - data
- Why you're still getting unsolicited calls after POPIA and how to stop it
- Karyn Maughan | Enough with the conspiracy claims Mr Zuma, it's time for you to go on trial
FREE | Struggling with infertility? Join this Q & A and have your questions...
Don't miss out! Sign up for Parent24's weekly newsletter
FREE WEBINAR: How to raise digitally safe online schoolers
Can social media be used for good? Join SACAP's Teacher's Webinar on social media...