Ask an expert
Search expert health advice:
06 Oct 2009
homeschooling in sa
if homeschooling is legal in sa then why do we need organisations like the pestalozzi legal defence group when we want to homeschool our children? surely as parents we should have the right to school our children as we see fit. especially with all the violence in our schools today?
South African law does parents the freedom and right to home school. However just as the law allows people to drive cars, how people drive (badly, intoxicated, without a licence, for example) needs to be monitored by government. When the government identifies and takes a drunk driver to court the drunk driver requires a defense attorney to defend their stance using an advanced knowledge of the law. Similarly because there is occasionally a conflict between the government and parents who home school, organisations like Pestalozzi become necessary to assist home schoolers with interpreting the law.
- Experienced aunt advises on five gifts NOT to give your kids this festive season
- 'The nurses stood around her laughing': It's time to raise the alarm on obstetric violence
- What NOT to ask Santa for this Christmas: The most abandoned toys in South Africa
- Should schools close as the fourth wave begins? Activists, parents and teachers comment
- Here's why the Covid-19 vaccine is vital for your school-going child
- It's war - Ace Magashule and Edwin Sodi launch full-scale attack on NPA over asbestos scam 'evidence'
- EXCLUSIVE | Babita Deokaran 'hitman' lied in bail bid, more charges coming
- Rickelton: Proteas reward for an all-action figure
- Khaya Sithole | Mandatory jabs the only way to avoid a jobs bloodbath
- Tighter lockdown will not help slow down Omicron, experts
Don't miss out! Sign up for Parent24's weekly newsletter
Want to protect your children from online violence? Join this FREE webinar and...
This festive season, The Galileo Open Air Cinema is specialising in family-fun!
FREE | Struggling with infertility? Join this Q & A and have your questions...